Hoxton, London: B. Pollock, n.d., after 1876. Wraps. Very good. Item #21658 .
Uncut sheets, approximately 7 by 8½ inches, all hand colored.
1. Oliver Twist: 6 character sheets, 1 set piece, 13 scenes, side wing No. 3. LAcking side wings 1 and 2, and two characters from plate 6;
2. Battle of Waterloo: Character sheet 5, Scene sheets 1-12, side wings 18 and 27;
3. Sleeping Beauty: 8 character sheets and 2 trick sheet,s lacking scene and wing sheets;
4. Children in the Wood: character plates 3-6; scenes 1-8;
5. Side wings: Gothic #6, New Cottage, #2; Tree Wing #1, side wings nos. 3, 7, 13 and two copies of #28.
The sheets of this toy theater are in very good condition, with only a slight evidence of wear and age. No text booklets are present.
The estimated date of publication varies. 'But Benjamin Pollock established his firm in Hoxton in 1876 after marrying the daughter of another publisher, John Redington. Oliver Twist scene sheets show the Redington publication data.