n.p. San Juan County Museum Association, n.d. (1976-1979). Disbound. Very good. Item #23605 .
Two thick file folders of 8½ by 11 inch copy typescript containing many reports on the Salmon Ruin Development for the Four Corners Regional Commission. Approximately 20 separate reports a such subjects as the excavations, ceramics, and ethnobotany of the ruins. The poages are mostly not numbered, and may be printed on one of both sides. Recent additon of blank pink sheets now separate the collated articles.
Salmon Ruins is an ancient Chacoan and Pueblo site located in the northwest corner of New Mexico, USA. Salmon was constructed by migrants from Chaco Canyon around 1090 CE, with 275 to 300 original rooms spread across three stories, an elevated tower kiva in its central portion, and a great kiva in its plaza. In 1980, Irwin-Williams and co-principal investigator Phillip Shelley wrote, compiled and edited a multivolume, 1,500-page report which was not intended for publication. Irwin-Williams was working on a greatly reduced version but which was left unpublished at her untimely death in 1990. The present offering seems to be the complete original report.
In fine condition. The opening pages have the signature of "John M (Illegible), May 1980 Albuquerque, from Rex Allen._ Allen provided several of the article in the report.
A complete listing of the reports contained in the folders is available on request.